* Manages the activities of a group or department of individual contributors and/or supervisors responsible for providing remote/on-site support in resolving customer and technical issues.
* Accountable for operational results in a 24X7 global environment in terms of group and department performance standards/metrics, customer satisfaction and budget/expenses. Manages the coordination, implementation, administration and execution of technical support programs, personnel, communications, projects, products, performance metrics/standards, as well as strategic policies and directives for assigned areas. Requires complete fundamental knowledge and awareness of goals and objectives. May participate in short and long term planning for assigned area.
* Decisions could have a moderate impact on achieving business results and may impact the short-term goals of the organization.
* Identifies issues, provides input and makes recommendations regarding Technical Support programs, tools, projects, products, process, metrics, training, standards and customers. Ensures that all issues are escalated in accordance with policy and procedures.
* Ensures that technical support programs are current with regard to upgrades, new product releases, trends, practices and cost.
* Collaborates with other managers to influence and ensure that assigned technical support area is meeting internal and external needs, operating efficiently, cost effectively and acquiring appropriate information to meet customer needs and generate accurate reports. Role will require customer contact on and offsite.
* Accountable for scheduling, work plans, technical direction, staffing, and performance management/development of employees in assigned areas.
* Willing to work occasional weekend duty
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* Needs to work cross functionally, cross culturally and with peers and senior management within a matrix reporting structure.
* Participates in projects across the organization to execute on business objectives.
* Must demonstrate excellent customer service skills, organizational, interpersonal, communication, presentation skills, including a strong sense of urgency and professionalism.
* External contact could require face to face contact and would focus on partners, customers and vendors.
* Knowledge of one or more of the following is beneficial:
Networking, Host Systems/Applications (Unix or Windows), Connectivity, Storage Arrays.