• Candidate must demonstrate working knowledge with major software/hardware vendor support methodology and procedures as well as a good working knowledge of Unix/ NT and Linux Operating Systems.
• Candidate must possess a strong knowledge of IP Networking.
• Initially working days, Candidates must be willing to work a 24x7 shift pattern as required.
• Must have the ability to work independently and as part of a team, with minimal supervision.
• Must demonstrate strong problem solving skills
• Must demonstrate strong decision making skills
• Must demonstrate the ability to follow defined process and procedures which contain decision points
• Internal candidates should demonstrate specific knowledge of EMC products. Familiarity with Customer Service Technical Support and/or customer facing/orientated environments is preferred.
• Education Required: Bachelors (or equivalent experience)
• 2+ Years of Technical Support experience
• Understanding of the major operating systems - UNIX, NT, Linux
• Experience with IP Networking,
• Some experience and or working knowledge of EMC storage arrays (DMX, CLARiiON? or Centera) storage arrays.
Preferred University Courses:
• Computer Forensics Workshop
• Engineering Mathematics
• Database Principles for Business Information Systems
• Advanced Networking Technologies
• Mathematical Modelling
• Advanced Robotics
• Advanced Digital Systems
• Advanced Logic
• Computer Design
• Integrated Circuit Design
• Engineering Software Systems
• Error Control Coding
• Digital Communication Systems
• Data Communication Networks
• Real Time Computing
• Electronic Commerce
• Digital Systems
• Mechanical Engineering
• Circuit Theory
• Signals and Systems
• Digital Signal Processing
• Control Systems
• Data Networks and Communication Systems
• Advanced Power
• Electrical Machines