Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Applies advanced technical expertise using standard operating and diagnostic protocols to resolve standard to complex system level issues. Identifies, documents and escalates customer issues to senior resources. Uses standard internal and external diagnostic test equipment and product trace and logging procedures.
• Effectively communicates procedural and technical issues to internal and external customers in a fast paced and customer critical environment. Maintains a “closed-loop” communication style assuring all appropriate individuals are notified of ongoing issues and problem resolution status. Responsible for sharing all acquired knowledge concerning problem resolution. . Contributes to centralized problem identification and resolution database. Leads efforts in facilitating problem recreation and failure analysis of systems level issues. Recommends and utilizes a wide variety of test equipment, diagnostic tools and techniques used in problem resolution. May provide documentation and direct feedback to Field Technical Specialists, Account Managers, Sales and other EMC Technical Support co-workers as appropriate.
• Identifies and interprets interoperability and support matrixes. Identifies, reviews, creates and delivers timely and highly focused training programs and/or serviceability enhancements within the Field and Technical Support Departments.
• Communicates effectively to internal and external customers as necessary through a variety of mediums.
• Monitors and tracks all service calls, provides call status updates at regular intervals and communicates status to customers using Call Tracking Databases.
• Validates technical information and issues early warnings and disseminates information as needed. As a 24X7X365 organization shift work, holidays and on-call responsibilities may be required.
• Continues to develop technical and business knowledge related to EMC products.
• Makes a recommendation to higher level technical support engineers or management for improving processes, standards and strategies. Regularly submits content to the knowledge database.
• Regularly reviews and approves submitted content to the knowledge database.
• Escalates to senior resource or to engineering all necessary analysis to open engineering defect investigation.
• Trains and mentors less experienced team members in working technical issues through to resolution
• Help to manage the day to day workings of the business including the monitoring of work flow and metrics for the team.
• Help drive Support projects as assigned by management.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Understand Windows system and able to perform administrative tasks related to: Windows Domain, Active Directory, DNS, and Security
• Understand UNIX/LINUX system and able to perform administrative jobs
• Have fundamental Networking knowledge and general knowledge in the fields such as OSI model, router, switch, CIFS and NFS protocol
• Able to think logically and to troubleshoot complex problems using systematic approach
• CCNA and MCSE certificate is a strong plus
• Storage product (especially EMC Celerra) knowledge is a plus
• Position prefers a Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent industry related experience.
• Pursuing or is established as SME in 2+ identified technical areas.
• Candidate must demonstrate working knowledge with major software/hardware vendor.
• Candidate must demonstrate ability to react quickly to interrupt driven workload and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Candidate must demonstrate excellent customer service skills, including organizational, interpersonal communication, and presentation skills.
• A strong sense of urgency and professionalism is essential.
• Must have the ability to work independently and as part of a team, with minimal supervision.
• Must possess excellent research/technical and troubleshooting skills.
• Ability to support and communicate with customers over the phone or preferred communication method by customer.
• Internal candidates should demonstrate specific knowledge of EMC products. Familiarity with Customer Service Technical Support and/or customer facing/orientated environments is preferred.
• Education Required: Bachelors (or equivalent experience)
• Experience Required: 4+ Years
• Physical Requirements: No
• Other: Travel may be required.
• Language Skills Desirable.